Introduction & Executive Summary
This report examines the impact of poor network and applications performance upon
business goals, customer engagement and financial performance.
This report provides survey details of 266 Australian & New Zealand companies. In partnership with Citrix Australia, Tech Research Asia queried organisations about a range of issues:
- Their main business goals for 2016-2018
- The impact of deployed technologies have upon companies’ network environments
- The impact of emerging technologies (such as blockchain, 3D printing, etc.) on business and technology environments
- How frequently organisations experience network problems and the consequences for day to day business operations
- The common causes of network problems
- The duration and cost of network faults
Our survey data told us that:
- Business goals revolve around cost management, customer engagement and digital transformation
- Network and application performance are areas of concern for organisations in both Australia and New Zealand
- Surprisingly, applications such as office productivity solutions, email, and collaboration tools, are the most common workloads that degrade network performance.
- Emerging technologies are expected to bring, benefits, however over half of organisations in ANZ will need to upgrade their network performance to realise their potential.
- The majority of companies in ANZ experience at least three problems across both mobile and fixed-line networks each month.
- The productivity cost of time lost due to network problems equates to AUD144,563 / NZD66,399 per year for a 50-person company
- Firms in ANZ measure the impact of poor network and applications performance and estimate that 23% of revenue sources for Australian companies are threatened, 14% for New Zealand.